COVID-19 INFORMATION – FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE
When attending for any appointments either with a Nurse or a Doctor, please ensure you continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines.
- Keep your distance from other patients and staff unless being treated
- Wear a face mask or face covering over your nose and mouth, unless you are exempt from doing so
- If exempt click on the link for further guidance face coverings click hear
- Please see guidance
- for people previously considered clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 click hear
- for people at higher risk from coronavirus (COVID-19) click hear
- for people aged 12 and over whose immune system means they are at higher risk of serious illness if they become infected with COVID-19 click hear
- Information for pregnant women and their families. click hear
COVID19 Passport/Certificates – Proof of COVID19 vaccinations and booster
We are asking for all our patients from 18 years and above to ensure they are vaccinated and/or have their boosters. Please see the latest guidance here click hear
With the new guidance, in certain circumstances, you are required to show proof that you have had your COVID19 vaccines and/or booster. We are unable to issue this certificate at the practice and we kindly ask that you do not call or email us with queries relating to this.
Proof of your vaccination status will be available in the NHS app
If you have access/ login details for patient online services through the surgery, for example “Patient Access”, you may use this.
Alternatively, you can call the NHS helpline on 119 and ask for a letter to be posted to you. This must be at least 5 days after you’ve completed your course of the vaccine. The letter may to take another 5 days to reach you, or more if postal services are affected. Please take account of this when making your plans.
If you require general information on coronavirus, please visit: